Planning Your Visit to the Cybrarium
Our wish is to make preschoolers welcome and comfortable in our library. Guided group visits give them a chance to learn about and enjoy resources that they can use for the rest of their lives. Generally, a visit would include a special storytime, followed by a brief introduction to what is found in the children’s area.
Elementary School Classes
Grades K- 5 are invited to come and discover the resources of their local library. A Grades K-2 visit will include library etiquette, a description of our services, and a tour of the library. If time permits a book talk or specialized program may be included. Students in upper levels (Grades 3-5) may also request an introduction to the Cybrarium’s online resources.
Middle and High Schools
Teen Services staff may provide special programs and services if you arrange a visit enough in advance. Let us know if you would like a library orientation, book talk, online database training, or research assistance on specific topics. Homeschoolers, scout troops, and church groups are all encouraged to schedule a visit to the Cybrarium. Please inform us if there is any special skill or research topic you would like us to present.
In order to provide the best service during your visit to the Cybrarium, we have established the following policies and procedures.
- Group Limit: 30 students
- Chaperone Requirement: One (1) supervising adult, teen counselor, or similar chaperone must be present for every 10 students.
- Duration: 1 hour – 1.5 hours
- The guided program of your visit will typically be under 1 hour 30 minutes in duration. You are free to use the Cybrarium after the official portion of the field trip is complete.
- Lunches: The Cybrarium has limited spaces to accommodate lunch requests. On some dates the Cybrarium may not be able to offer a space for lunch and other arrangements will be needed.
- Request Deadline: Six weeks before the requested date; the earlier, the better. No field trip requests will be accepted with less than four week’s (one month) notice. The Cybrarium is a popular field trip destination and field trip slots fill up fast.
If you have any questions, please call the Cybrarium at 305-224-4410 and request to speak with our Children’s Librarian.
Request a Field Trip
Complete the form below to request a field trip or group visit to the Cybrarium. Submitting a request does not guarantee a field trip. Staff will contact you to confirm details and dates.