I. HOTSPOT CHECKOUT
The Cybrarium offers hotspot checkout service to patrons. A “hotspot” consists of the mobile wireless hotspot device itself, as well as its charger and case.
The Cybrarium is not responsible for any liability, damages or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from use of device. Any use of the device for illegal purposes, unauthorized copying of copyright-protected material in any format, or transmission of threatening, harassing, defamatory or obscene materials is strictly prohibited.
II. Usage Rules
- In order to borrow a hotspot, patrons must be 18 years of age or older and have a Cybrarium card (in good standing). At the time of checkout, the borrowing patron must present his/her Cybrarium card and state-issued ID. Upon checkout, Cybrarium staff will confirm, in the presence of the borrowing patron, that all items are present in the hotspot kit.
- Only one hotspot may be borrowed on a patron’s account at any one time. The loan period for the hotspot is 7 days. Checkout is limited to one per household at any given time. Patrons may place a hold on a hotspot.
- Patrons are financially responsible for lost or stolen hotspots. A lost hotspot fee of $75 will be accessed when necessary. Repair costs, whether from negligent, reckless, or intentional damage, are the responsibility of the patron. Hotspots must be returned to staff at the Information Desk, and never to another Library or in the Cybrarium book drop.
- The Cybrarium reserves the right to refuse service to patrons who abuse equipment or who are repeatedly late in returning electronic devices.
- If the hotspot is not returned by the due date, the internet connection will be terminated. If the hotspot is not returned within 15 days from the due date, the patron will be charged the replacement fee of the item.
Adopted: January 12, 2021